Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Art From Drawing 3 (Spring 08)

"At the Museum" Acrylic and Pastel on Wood
"At the Mall 2" Acrylic and Pastel on Wood
"At the Mall" Acrylic and Pastel on Wood
"Joe" Acrylic and Pastel on Wood
"Al and Dash" Acrylic and Pastel on Wood
"Matt and Nina" Acrylic and Pastel on Wood
Last semester I was working on a body of work dealing with how we judge people on their clothing. For this I removed the person from the image and left just the clothes. I was experimenting with different surfaces and found I enjoyed using wood. I would paint on the wood, sand and carve away, and then draw my figures atop. These pieces were produced with acrylic and chalk pastel on pine. The bottom three are people I am know, while the top three are random people I snapped in public places.

No comments: